Premier Online Masturbation Community Masturbation Page Forum Index

View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:02 pm
Masturbation Page Forum News and Updates

Yanks
Back to MP | Web Chat | Sex Toys

logging in twice?

This is the place to put all Compliments, Comments or Complaints about Mastubation Page.

Moderators: WaccoMan, BigBob, Alan, Zipgun, Wanker023, nj_stroker2002

logging in twice?

Postby Outsider » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:31 am

For the last few weeks, every time I try to log into the forum I have to do it 2 times. It never logs me in on the first try but always does on the second try, then the "view posts since last visit" link doesn't work for me because it says there are no new posts from my last visit. :?
Anyone else having the same problem?
42, male, married, horny

PMs welcomed! :)
Outsider
Major Orgasm

Postby HornymanExtraordinaire » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:38 am

I've noticed that too, actually. Especially on the times where I haven't logged on in a while, it'd be nice to see what new posts have been made. Is there a way to fix this, anyone?
HornymanExtraordinaire
Masturbater Sergeant

Postby Outsider » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:40 am

I'm glad it's not just me then. It does make it aggravating trying to read new posts.
42, male, married, horny

Outsider
Major Orgasm

Postby Alan » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:42 am

I also have the same problem.
Alan
Major Orgasm

Postby Mani » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:57 am

Are you all using Firefox???
Mani

Postby Alan » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:15 am

Mani wrote:Are you all using Firefox???

I am not much of an internet or computer wiz, so I don't even know what Firefox is. I guess I need to spend some time learning more about this stuff. Thanks for the heads up. If you have any other brief tips to help send me in the right direction, it would be appreciated.
Alan
Major Orgasm

Postby Mani » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:41 am

Firefox is an browser that a lot of people use instead of Internet Explorer. I've had this problem with Firefox and managed to fix it, so I might be able to help people using Firefox.

For people using Internet Explorer - try clearing your cookies and browser cache.
Mani

Postby Outsider » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:12 am

I'm using Netscape 8.1.3, which is based on Firefox. What's your fix?
42, male, married, horny

Outsider
Major Orgasm

Postby BigBob » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:36 am

I've seen it happen on IE, 6 & 7, Firefox, Mozilla, Safari 2 & 3, Camino.

I think it's the setup of the forums, or a config on the server that's causing the issues, maybe the time settings and how those get managed with the different time zones.
Love to chat with women, PM if interested
Very straight.
BigBob
Five Star General Genatalia

Postby Mani » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:39 am

Outsider wrote:I'm using Netscape 8.1.3, which is based on Firefox. What's your fix?

Well, first try clearing your cookies for masturbationpage.com, your cache, and your browsing history and make sure that doesn't solve it - 'cause you don't want to go through the following procedure if you don't have to!

If those things don't fix the problem, it is because there is something corrupted in your Firefox/Mozilla profile. I happened to have a system backup from before when the problem started so I just restored the old profile and that solved it. If you don't have a backup you can create a new Firefox/Mozilla profile and transfer settings over one by one checking for the recurrence of the problem, then back out the setting that re-introduces it. Here is the article that describes how to do this:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Migrating_set ... ew_profile
Mani

Return to Suggestions and Comments